THESE TERMS ARE A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR SITE AND SERVICES, WHETHER AS A VISITOR, BIDDER OR SELLER, YOU CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRINT A COPY OF THESE TERMS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
1. Services Generally. We provide an auction and online shopping platform, but we provide no auctioneering services. Any users who choose to conduct or participate in auctions using our Services are acting on their own behalves and are responsible for any actions that they may take with respect to any auctions, buy it now items, or related transactions that they may enter into. We do not represent any users of BoyScoutAuctions.com or our Services, and we are not a party to any transaction that may occur between users. You are solely responsible for resolving any disputes that you have with other users of our Site or Services, whether as a visitor, Buyer or Seller. However, we may, in our sole discretion, monitor or inquire about disputes or issues between users in order to protect our Site and Services and address potential non-compliance of these Terms by a user.
2. Additional Terms. When you access and use BoyScoutAuctions.com and our Services as a Seller or a Buyer, you also agree to the following:
BIDDER/BUYER USER TERMS
These Bidder/Buyer User Terms (these "Bidder Terms") govern your access to and use of our Services as a Buyer.
1. Listed Item(s). We are not the owner, seller or auctioneer of the Listed Item(s) on our Site. We do not inspect Listed Item(s), validate a Seller's ownership of or authority to sell Listed Item(s), or provide any representations or warranties concerning Listed Item(s). Bidding on the Listed Item(s) is conducted at your own risk, and any resulting transaction for Listed Item(s) is solely between you and the Seller. We do not supervise, direct, or control Sellers. You understand and agree that we will not be liable for Listed Item(s) that you bid on, the acts or omissions of Sellers, or for any proposed or completed transactions between you and a Seller.
2. Auction Information and Bidder Inspections. The auction information, descriptions and prices for Listed Item(s) are determined by the Seller and may be subject to change. Listed Item(s) may be used and may contain defects. We do not inspect or confirm the condition of the Listed Item(s). We do not verify the accuracy of, or control, the information and details provided by Sellers concerning the Listed Item(s). We also do not guarantee that Sellers comply with applicable laws, rules, or regulations. You should take appropriate steps to verify the accuracy of the Listed Item descriptions. You should also take appropriate steps to inspect or validate the condition of Listed Item(s) prior to bidding on and receiving Listed Item(s). We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in the content of any Listed Item(s). We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (i) withdraw any Listed Item(s) from our Services; (ii) amend the information in a Listed Item; or (iii) cancel any proposed bid for Listed Item(s) that we deem to be suspicious or fraudulent and report such bid to applicable authorities.
3. Additional Terms Posted by Seller. A Seller may post additional terms and conditions for their Listed Item(s) (the "User Posted Terms"). User Posted Terms are between you and the Seller and are separate from these Terms. You are solely responsible for reading and understanding any User Posted Terms prior to placing a bid on such Listed Item(s). We do not create, review, negotiate, or enforce User Posted Terms. If you do not agree to the applicable User Posted Terms, you should not place a bid on the Listed Item(s).
4. Transportation and Risk of Loss. We are not responsible for the transportation, delivery or risk of loss for any Listed Item(s). Except as otherwise set forth in any User Posted Terms, the Bidder with the winning bid will be responsible for all freight, shipping, and other costs related to transporting the Listed Item(s). Unless the seller has offered free or discounted shipping in the listing. In no event shall we have any responsibility for the transportation of Listed Item(s) or for any risk of loss or liability related to Listed Item(s).
5. Bidding. You understand, acknowledge and agree that:
a. When you submit a bid using our Services, your bid will be forwarded to the Seller and may be viewed by the Seller as a firm commitment offer to purchase. Once you place a bid on our Site, it may be retracted before the auction ends. Up to 5 bids per month. Please do not place a bid if you do not intend on purchasing the item. If you have the winning bid, a Seller may hold you legally obligated to complete the transaction unless otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
b. By using our Services to bid on Listed Item(s), you grant us permission to share your information with Sellers, including, without limitation, your contact information (e.g., name, address, telephone, number, email address, etc.) and other information that you provide to us.
c. You may place a max bid on Listed Item(s). When you place a max bid, our bidding technology will automatically place bids on your behalf, using the smallest increment necessary to ensure you remain the high bidder until your max bid is met. If another bidder has placed the same bid before you, or a max bid that is higher than yours, we will attempt to let you know that you have been outbid. In that situation, you may attempt to place another bid within the specific auction time.
d. Auctions have time extensions. When a bid is received within the last 2 minutes of the auction it will automatically extend for an additional 2 minute bidding period on the Listed Item(s) The bidding period will continue as long as such higher bids are being placed within the time extension.
e. Park Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to withdraw, postpone, or cancel any Listed Item(s), in our sole discretion, with or without notice. We shall have no liability to you as a result of any withdrawal, postponement, or cancellation.
f. Park Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to void a bid that you place, whether winning or not, which we believe (i) has not been made in good faith and in accordance with these Terms; or (ii) is intended to manipulate our Services.
g. The Seller is conducting the auction and makes the sole and final determination with respect to the sale of Listed Item(s).
h. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT BIDS PLACED WILL BE RECEIVED AND PROCESSED IN A TIMELY MANNER.
6. Prohibited Bidder Conduct. Any deliberate attempt to artificially influence the sale price of any Listed Item(s), directly or indirectly, including but not limited to bidding through a secondary account, agent, or representative, bidding on Listed Item(s) that you may also be selling, communicating with other Bidders, or shill bidding is expressly prohibited.
SELLER USER TERMS
These Seller User Terms (these "Seller Terms") govern your access to and use of our Services as a Seller. The Services can be accessed through BoyScoutAuctions.com
1. Listed Item(s) and Auctions. You acknowledge and agree to the following:
a. You are solely responsible for any Listed Item(s) that you place for auction using our Services;
b. You agree to fully, completely, and accurately disclose all information relating to your Listed Item(s), including brand name or other indication of origin or manufacture, and you shall be responsible for any such inaccuracies, errors, or omissions;
c. You will not list any Listed Item(s) through our Services that are illegal to use, possess, auction or sell under any applicable law, rule or regulation;
d. Listed Item(s) will not contain links to or a description of other items that you may have for sale outside of our Services;
e. Listed Item(s) must be actual items and not mere examples of items. Only one Listed Item (with multiple quantities, if applicable) can appear on each listing;
f. You have an option to set the opening bid price and a reserve price on the Site;
g. You will make the Listed Item(s) available to the highest bidder in accordance with the Terms and any User Posted Terms (as defined below) that you may include with your Listed Item.
h. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to: (i) refuse to allow any item to be listed, at any time and for any reason; (ii) withdraw any Listed Item(s) from our Services; (iii) review and verify a Listed Item’s information and description; (iv) amend the information in a Listed Item; or (v) cancel any proposed bid for Listed Item(s) that we deem to be suspicious or fraudulent and report such bid to applicable authorities.
i. Our site is targeted to Boy Scout collectors, Please only list Boy Scout Items.
2. Seller Confirmation of Listed Item(s). You are responsible for reviewing the categorization and description of your Listed Item(s) to ensure the items are categorized and described accurately. You are responsible for reviewing and ensuring that any content displayed on our Services appears as you intended. We take no responsibility for Listed Item(s) that are mis-listed or mis-categorized.
3. User Posted Terms. You may post additional terms and conditions of sale for your Listed Item(s) ("User Posted Terms"). User Posted Terms are between you and a Bidder and are separate from these Seller Terms. You are solely responsible for creating, reviewing and understanding any User Posted Terms prior to placing such terms with your Listed Item(s). We do not prepare, review, negotiate, or enforce any User Posted Terms. We do not represent or guarantee that any User Posted Terms will be enforceable against a Bidder.
4. Buyback and Price Manipulation. You shall not bid or make an offer, directly or indirectly, nor allow any other person to bid or make an offer on your behalf, by agency or otherwise, on your Listed Item(s) or any part of your auctions. In the event of price manipulation or a buyback, we may, in our sole discretion, ban you from future use of our Services.
5. Our Fees. You agree to pay us our then-current fees for your use of our Services.
6. For an additional fee, you may purchase additional advertising. All fees paid to us are non-refundable.
7. Hyperlinks. We reserve the right to refuse hypertext links to, or addresses of, other websites and to remove hypertext links or web addresses without notice at our sole discretion.
8. Search Results. We cannot guarantee that your Listed Item(s) will appear in any specific order in search results on our Sites and Services. Search order results will fluctuate based on the search options used, including but not limited to, price and auction end time.
9. Representations and Warranties.
a. You represent and warrant that any Listed Item(s) placed by you:
i. are owned by you, or you have the legal right and authority to sell such Listed Item(s) on behalf of the legal owner;
ii. are free and clear of any and all registered and unregistered liens, security interests, tax or duty obligations or other encumbrances or contrary claims whatsoever, except as expressly disclosed by you within the applicable listing (the "Encumbrances");
iii. are in good operating condition, free of material defects, except as disclosed by you within the applicable listing;
iv. have not been fraudulently obtained, and are not stolen or counterfeit;
v. only include descriptions, pictures and videos that are accurate;
vi. include any and all legally required disclosures that may be applicable to the auction and/or sale of the Listed Item(s) to a Bidder.
b. You further represent and warrant that:
i. you are solvent and have not made, nor are you aware of, any assignment, proposal or other proceeding for the benefit of your creditors;
ii. the offering for sale, advertising and sale of the Listed Item(s) will not contravene or infringe upon any patent, copyright, trademark, agreement or similar right of any third party;
iii. you are duly authorized to complete and provide all listing information for Listed Item(s);
iv. any User Posted Terms for your Listed Item(s) are legal and do not violate any applicable laws, rules, regulations; and
10. No Guarantee to Proceeds. We do not guarantee that Bidders will bid on Listed Item(s), that you will be able to sell Listed Item(s) using our Services, or that you will be able to collect the purchase price from a Bidder who has a winning bid for Listed Item(s).
11. Purchase and Sale of Listed Item(s). The actual purchase and sale of Listed Item(s) following an auction, is and shall remain the sole responsibility of the Seller who placed the Listed Item(s) for auction and the Bidder who had the winning bid. If you are the Seller, you must coordinate the purchase and sale of the Listed Item(s) directly with the Bidder who is the winning bidder for the Listed Item(s). You assume all risk and liability associated with any agreement(s) you enter into with the Bidder. We are not a party to, and do not facilitate, the purchase and sale of any Listed Item(s).
12. Additional Seller Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from any breach of your representations, warranties or covenants set out in these Seller Terms;
13. (i) taxes or customs duties payable in respect of, the Listed Item(s) or any part thereof;
3. Access and Use. While we use reasonable efforts to provide our Site and Services to you for so long as you are compliant with these Terms, we do not guarantee that they will be secure, or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platforms in order to access or use our Sites and Services. You should use your own virus protection software.
You may use our Site and Services only if you can form a binding contract with us, in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use of our Site or Services by anyone under the age of majority in his/her state of residence is strictly prohibited. Our Services are not available to any users we have previously removed or suspended from our Services. We may suspend or terminate your access to our Services at any time, for any reason (such as your material breach of these Terms, our reasonable belief that it is necessary to protect the safety or property of others, to prevent fraud or for risk assessment purposes) or for no reason. We reserve the right to limit your use of our Site or Services or terminate your account immediately, without notice or refund of any amounts that you may have paid to us.
If you use our Services as a Bidder or Seller you must be registered with us and you will be assigned to a user account. By registering with us and/or using our Services as a Bidder or Seller, you represent and warrant that you (a) will abide by all of the terms set forth herein; (b) will not register for more than one account; (c) will not provide false or misleading information about yourself or the items, if any, that you list for auction (the "Listed Items"); (d) will not create any username or post any information on our Site or Services that is offensive, rude, disparaging, intended to deceive or delude other users/visitors, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, pornographic, political, racist, or otherwise unlawful or offensive, or that does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme; (e) will maintain the security of any user identification code and/or password associated with your account, notify us immediately if you suspect that such security has been breached, and accept all risks of authorized and unauthorized access to your account and the information you provide to us; and (f) will not violate the intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party.
If you register or use our Services on behalf of a third party (such as another person or legal entity), then you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of that person or entity with the authority to bind such person or entity to these Terms, and you agree to these Terms on behalf of that person or entity.
Accounts are non-transferable. Only you may use your user account. You are liable for all activities that are undertaken using your user account. We may verify your registration and account by collecting contact information (including, but not limited to, legal company name, street address, and employer identification number) and banking information from you, directly calling you to confirm the accuracy of your account information, and taking whatever additional steps we deem necessary.
Your account provides you access to participate in auctions or list Listed Item(s) through our Services. It also gives you access to additional services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time, in our sole discretion, including but not limited to the ability:
a. for Buyers to view their bidding history;
b. for Buyers to create and add items to their own watchlist;
c. for Sellers to view post-auction information for their auctions; and
d. for Buyers and Sellers to receive email updates and other occasional news from BoyScoutAuctions.com.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights to and in our Site and Services, and in the content published on them. Those rights are protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws, as well as by treaties around the world. You will not use, copy or otherwise take any action with respect to our Site and Services or such content except as expressly permitted by these Terms. You will, likewise, respect the intellectual property rights of others in exercising the rights granted to you hereunder.
6. Acceptable Usage. You may access and use our Services solely to list Listed Item(s) for sale, conduct or participate in auctions and view Listed Item(s) for your potential bidding and purchase. If you copy, redistribute or resell any of our Services or any content made available to you through our Site or our Services, your right to access and use both will cease immediately, and you must take down or destroy any content you have obtained in violation of these Terms.
7. Prohibited Uses. As part of our Site and Services, we may provide access to data, information, and content relating to Listed Item(s) available for auction, including without limitation current and historical Listed Item(s) and related information, materials, and content (our "Auction Information"). You must not:
a. modify or alter any Auction Information, content, materials or portions of our Site or Services in any way;
b. use any Auction Information, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text, or any text separately from any accompanying illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics;
c. remove any indications of ownership from any Auction Information or content which came from our Site or Services, or claim it as your own or as that of any other entity or individual;
d. use any part of our Services, Auction Information, or content on our Services for any purpose not expressly provided for without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors;
e. access, or attempt to access, parts of our Site or Services that are not intended for public use (including but not limited to website administration areas);
f. modify, adapt or reverse engineer any aspect of our Site, Services or Auction Information;
g. conduct any web scraping, web harvesting, web data extraction, or any other data scraping of Auction Information or our Site or Services;
h. use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tool, data gathering tools, data extraction tools, or any other automated means to access our Site or Services, or collect, copy or record our Auction Information or content off our Site or Services;
i. take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
j. copy, download, distribute, transmit, reuse, report, reproduce, modify, use, create derivative works from, or publicly display any Auction Information or content of our Site or Services, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes, including generating any reports or aggregating any data or content;
k. extract reports from our Auction Information or Services other than records relating to your auction or bid history;
l. take photos, screenshots or other images of our Information, Site or Services or any content therein;
m. use our Information or our Site or Services in competition with us, to develop competing products or services, or otherwise to our detriment or commercial disadvantage;
n. use our Information or our Services for benchmarking or competitive analysis of our Services;
o. identify us or display any portion of our Information, Site or Services on any site or service that disparages us or our products or services, or infringes any of our intellectual property or other rights;
p. bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our Services, including our robot exclusion headers;
q. attempt to disrupt or interfere with the Information or our Site or Services in any way or with another user’s/visitor’s use of our Site or Services, or use the Auction Information or our Site or Services as a means of disrupting or interfering with other websites or networks;
r. probe, scan or test for vulnerabilities of our Site, Services, other websites, or any networks connected to them;
s. willfully corrupt any Information, data, documents or content available through our Site or Services;
t. knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus into our network and computer systems; or
u. assist, encourage or permit any other person to do any of the acts described above.
8. Breach of Usage. All the prohibited uses set forth above are forbidden regardless of the means used, including but not limited to, hacking or by the introduction of any worms, Trojan horses, viruses, unauthorized, malicious or harmful code or other harmful software. By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Services will cease immediately.
9. Uploading or Posting Content to Our Sites or Services We will collect data, content and information that you, as a visitor, Seller or Buyer, provide us or that is collected by us as you use the Sites or Services ("User Content"). You hereby grant to us, and represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant to us, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, transferable, and royalty-free right and license to use, store, copy, distribute, and make available to third-parties all User Content. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to your User Content while it is in our possession, and you should separately maintain copies of the User Content you provide to us. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content submitted or uploaded by you to our Site or Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. At any time, we have the right to remove any User Content you submit to our Site or Services if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with these Terms.
WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY OF YOUR USER CONTENT.
10. Suggestions and Submissions. We appreciate and welcome your comments and feedback regarding our Site and Services. If you send us comments, questions, suggestions, or ideas relating to our Site and Services, you agree that such content is not given in confidence, that we are not obliged to keep such content secret, and that we are not obliged to respond. For more information on how we use such content. Please be advised that if you send us creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials ("Creative Ideas"), we shall (i) own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the Creative Ideas and any creations, inventions, or derivative works resulting from the Creative Ideas; (ii) not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Creative Ideas; and (iii) be entitled to unrestricted use of the Creative Ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
11. Compliance With Laws.You are responsible for, and agree to abide by, all local, state, federal and international laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of our Site and Services, and any other tools, services or products offered on our Site and Services and any transaction you may enter into with other users in connection with using our Site or Services.
Any users located outside the United States must comply with laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders of the United States, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.S. Export Control Act, in addition to applicable local laws. You may not use our Services if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government or under similar laws or regulations applicable in other jurisdictions. You are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to export and import requirements or restrictions.
Please be aware that, even though we are not a party to any transaction between users and we assume no liability for legal or regulatory compliance pertaining to Listed Item(s) on BoyScoutCollector.com there may be circumstances where we are nevertheless legally obligated (as we may determine in our sole discretion) to provide information relating to auctions and bidding conducted using our Services and Listed Item(s) in order to comply with requests from governmental bodies in relation to investigations, litigation or administrative proceedings, and we may choose to comply with such obligations in our sole discretion.
12. Taxes.We are not responsible for determining whether tax applies to any transaction between users, or for withholding, collecting, reporting, or remitting any tax arising from any Listed Item(s). We do not give tax advice, and nothing we say or do should be interpreted as such, including our providing you with the opportunity to learn about, and separately utilize, tax-related services or solutions (for example, automated tax compliance software). The payment and collection of applicable taxes (including income, sales, excise, import, export, VAT and other taxes or duties associated with the purchase/use and sale/solicitation of any Listed Item(s)) must be, and are, the exclusive responsibility of the Buyer and Seller, as applicable. Generally speaking, it is the Seller's responsibility to determine what taxes, if any, apply to a transaction and to collect, report, and/or remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority; however, to the extent that you have any questions about your own payment, collection, reporting or remittance obligations, you should consult a qualified tax advisor.
13. Financing, Shipping, Insurance and Other Services. We may provide links on our Site or Services to other websites, third-party providers or affiliates who provide various services or other offerings, including, without limitation, financing, shipping, and insurance services, pricing tools, and other offerings that might be of interest to you, and only for the convenience of our users. In consideration for providing any such link(s), we may receive a fee from the third party(ies) or affiliates whose goods or services you may choose to obtain. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions of any such third-parties or affiliates, whom you use at your own discretion and risk. Your access to and use of our other websites and third-party or affiliate services and websites may be subject to the applicable terms and conditions of that respective website, third-party or affiliate.
14. Disclaimer; No Warranty.TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM AND OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SITES OR SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE ARE SOLELY A PASSIVE CONDUIT TO PROVIDE CONTENT AND TO FACILITATE COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN A BIDDER/BUYER AND A SELLER, AND IN NO EVENT DO WE SELL ANY LISTED ITEM(S). WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE LISTED ITEM(S) WILL PROPERLY FUNCTION OR OPERATE WHEN YOU RECEIVE THEM, NOR THAT THEY WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE OR FUNCTION FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME AFTER YOU RECEIVE THEM. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR FOR THE SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH OUR SITES, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE, EVEN IF WE BECOME AWARE OF ANY ISSUES THEREWITH.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON BLOYSCOUTAUCTIONS OR SERVICES, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, UP-TO-DATE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SERVICES OR THE SITE OR SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY TRANSMISSION TO AND FROM BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM AND SERVICES IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR CONTRIBUTED CONTENT MAY BE READ OR INTERCEPTED BY OTHERS. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BY SUBMITTING COMMUNICATIONS OR CONTENT TO US AND BY POSTING INFORMATION ON BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM OR OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING LISTED ITEM(S), NO CONFIDENTIAL, FIDUCIARY, CONTRACTUALLY IMPLIED OR OTHER RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BETWEEN YOU AND US OTHER THAN PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT HOLD OR SEEK TO HOLD US RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT PROVIDED BY ANY USER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY TRANSLATION THEREOF, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT A PARTY TO ANY LISTED ITEM(S) TRANSACTION OR OTHER TRANSACTION BETWEEN USERS OF OUR SITE OR SERVICES. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SAFETY OF ANY TRANSACTION, LISTED ITEM(S) OR THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF ANY LISTED ITEM(S) OR OTHER CONTENT PROVIDED ON BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM AND OUR SERVICES.
15. Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BoyScoutAuctions.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns (the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any claim or demand (including reasonable attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs), made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your breach of these Terms; (ii) your improper use of our Site or Services; (iii) any personal injury, death, or property damage caused by or arising out of the listing, sale, transportation or use of any Listed Item(s); or (iv) your violation of any law or rights of a third party, including related to any User Content you provide or post. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you shall not in any event settle any matter without our written consent. While some jurisdictions may limit your liability hereunder, this indemnity shall apply to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law.
16. Release. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE OTHER USERS OF OUR SITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY OTHER BIDDER/BUYER OR SELLER, ANY THIRD PARTY VISITOR TO THE SITE OR THE PROVIDER OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION THAT MAY BE LINKED TO OR FROM OUR SITES OR SERVICES, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, REMISE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL MANNER OF RIGHTS, CLAIMS, COMPLAINTS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, LEGAL FEES, COSTS, AND DISBURSEMENTS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, WHICH NOW OR HEREAFTER ARISE FROM, RELATE TO, OR ARE CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTE.
17. California Notice. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY."
18. Limitation of Liability.TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS OR SALES, ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, OR THE COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, EVEN IF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM (A) OUR SERVICES; (B) BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM; (C) THESE TERMS; (D) ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS BY YOU OR A THIRD PARTY; (E) YOUR, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY’S USE OF OUR SITE OR SERVICES, OR THE SERVICES ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDES, RELATED TO THE BUSINESS WE OPERATE; (F) ANY USER INFORMATION OR USER-CONTRIBUTED CONTENT; (G) ANY INTERACTION BETWEEN OUR SITES OR SERVICES AND ANY THIRD PARTY SITE; AND (H) ANY ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED COMMUNICATION OR TRANSACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PAYMENT OR PURCHASE TRANSACTION (EVEN IF WE OR ANY THIRD PARTY RECEIVES A FEE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH) BETWEEN USERS OF BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM OR OUR SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THESE TERMS, THE PURCHASE, SALE OR USE OF ANY LISTED ITEM(S), OR YOUR USE OF BOYSCOUTAUCTIONS.COM OR OUR SERVICES EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE LESSER OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($200.00) OR THE TOTAL FEES EARNED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH THE LISTED ITEM(S) TO WHICH THE APPLICABLE CLAIM RELATES.
a. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northampton County, Pannsylvania, USA for any dispute arising out of these Terms.
b. Translations. For all purposes, the English language version of these Terms shall be the original, governing instrument and understanding of the parties. In the event of any conflict between the English language version of these Terms and any subsequent translation into any other language, the English language version shall govern and control.
c. Amendments. We may modify, add, or remove any portion of these Terms from time to time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you, by posting such change on our Site and/or Services. Once posted, such changes shall come into full force and effect.
d. Entire Terms. The introductory paragraph, and any documents that are linked to or referenced in these Terms, are hereby incorporated by reference and made part of these Terms. Collectively, the foregoing constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of these Terms.
e. Advice. Any guidance, discussions, or advice provided by Park Enterprises, LLC, its employees, independent contractors and agents related to using our Site and Services, including but not limited to guidance for placing and/or bidding on Listed Item(s), is intended for general information purposes only. It is not intended as legal advice, and you agree that you will independently evaluate and not rely on such advice for any purpose.
f. Headings. Headings used in this agreement are intended, and shall for all purposes be deemed to be, for convenience only and shall have no force or affect whatsoever in the interpretation of this agreement.
g. Reformation. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that the scope of any provision of these Terms is too broad to be enforced, the court shall reform such provisions to such narrower scope as it determines to be enforceable.
h. Survival. Provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should apply beyond their terms, will remain in force after any termination or expiration of these Terms.
i. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is determined to be unenforceable for any reason and is unable to be reformed by a court of competent jurisdiction as provided above, such provision shall be deemed separate and severable and the unenforceability of any such provision shall not invalidate or render unenforceable any of the remaining provisions hereof.
j. Successors and Assigns. These Terms shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. These Terms may not be assigned by you without our prior written consent. We may freely assign these Terms to any third party.
k. Waiver. No delay or omission by a party in exercising any right under these Terms shall operate as a waiver of that or any other right. A waiver or consent given by a party on any one occasion shall be effective only in that instance and shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any right on any other occasion.
l. Conflicts. The provisions set forth in these Terms shall prevail over a conflicting provision (if any).
20. International Availability. We do not represent that our Site and Services are available worldwide, or that bidding, or any proposed purchase and sale transactions between users can occur in every location in the world. You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including, without limitation, applicable laws regarding the transmission of data exported from the United States to the country in which you reside. Please note that additional or different terms may apply if you reside outside of the United States.
Revised August 20, 2020
I agree to the
Receive news and updates from us by email.
Copyright © 2021 Boy Scout Auctions